welcome to the innernet's worst motorcycle periodical

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Crunch time 'til lunch time!

I've once again found myself too busy doing things to blog about..the things I'm doing. So rather than try to formulate some interesting, bullshit story that portrays me as someone capable of exercising good judgment, proper planning, and excellent(if any) blogger skills, I'm just going to indiscriminately dump all the pictures from my shit cell phone into one post and try my best to explain what I was doing and why it seemed like a good idea at the time.
I finally got my trans working again and then decided to do something about that stupid 4" stretch my weld on hardtail added.
Unique Ison and I hacked it off and had it mocked up shortly thereafter.
I made some time to finish a tank I started a couple years ago. I may end up using it on my sporty.

Pulled my motor to replace some gaskets and take a look in the cylinders as I had never had the heads off this motor since I got it. Everything was straight.
Since I had the motor out I decided to tig the frame up all nice and fill in the 30 thousand holes Ive drilled in this frame over the years.
When I first welded the hardtail on years ago I welded the seat stays to the back of the seat posts so I actually had to slug and extend them in order to make the frame shorter...
Finished the frame.
Bought another gun.
Got some new rubber.
Sand blasted and painted my heads while they were off.
Hardtailed an XS650 frame for Nate Dogg.
Spun up some 304 ss counterbores at work for my sissy bar and Jazzy Jeff's. Ordered a 7 metal west aluminum fender.
Got attacked by a rogue tree while 4wheeling and fucked my door up.
Got a used door cheap and murdered out my truck.
Got the new motor in the CX running and bought another gun..

Cut up some swap meet z bars for Crack rock Steady Jeff and made them 5" more comfy and 2" more cozy.
whoops..
That's better.
Bought a really dumb Czechoslovakian moped and brought it up to my apartment in the elevator. (totally spelled Czechoslovakian without spellcheck! I knew I woke up for a reason today!)
Pulled the head and cylinder and found the piston to be gnar as fuck. Its the original standard piston so my best guess is the monkeys that made the motor didn't chamfer the ports. The cylinder was actually in great shape and measures within spec so I honed it and ordered a new standard piston from Budapest, Hungary for $15! Win.
And finally I find myself eating rice and beans and having a very involved conversation with my pet flying squirrel about her day. I hope this peek into the last couple months of my life and my cell phone has answered all your meaning of life type questions, etc. I'm going to bed...