welcome to the innernet's worst motorcycle periodical

Monday, January 9, 2012

new toys finally working

this post is kinda lame and considering how busy we've all been lately and the resulting lack of posts, it is no wonder no one is reading this thing. anyways, todays lesson is that with a bit of persistence a motivated person can force the square peg into the round hole. case in point: my gear welding 3/4" mild steel. according to the welding rep i deal with at work, my torch set up is almost twice my age with tips that are well beyond beat. and i have finally reached a point where my welding machine cannot keep up with my projects. either way, with a little time, a bunch of pre-heating, the wire feed all the way down, electricity at 11 and right off the breaker; 3/4" became one with 1/4". yay.