welcome to the innernet's worst motorcycle periodical

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Super rad dome piece to the max!

Time to reupholster my passenger helmet. As if just being seen on the back of my bike wasn't insulting enough, now anyone inebriated enough to climb on has to wear a shitty swap meet procured dome piece lined with some offensive piece of fabric.
These things are much easier to reline if you split the foam in half. It also makes it easier to install the relined foam back into the shell. Some helmets actually come this way anyway.

I use whatever foam I can find, whatever's comfy...today I'm using old carpet padding. (remember "insult to injury" is the theme here)
Headliner spray glue works really well here and makes you happy if your shop is in an enclosed basement.
Trim the fat..blah, blah, blah..
Time to go to saver's to find some hello kitty themed fabric! To be continued...