welcome to the innernet's worst motorcycle periodical

Sunday, May 29, 2011

always wear safety glasses...

it goes without saying that i am a dirty kid.
i did an engine swap with a friend awhile ago and was only there to lend him minor assistance and encouragement; he did the whole job wearing designer jeans and walked away each day mostly spotless while i basically stood there and magically attracted dirt. no matter what i seem to be doing, i end up covered in whatever i'm working with, in, on or around. so it comes as no surprise that working at my new job, being a welder and mechanic on off-road drilling rigs, has landed me an eye infection. normally not a big deal; with a few hot-compresses it should go away right? nope, not in my case. apparently when you are constantly covered in welding soot, and hydraulic oil all the TLC in the world wont make things better. so off my uninsured, pathetic self goes to the community clinic. usually it is some form of hysterical debauchery that lands me in places like that but such was not the case. with the application of some needles and a scalpel, the Doc managed to cut out most of the dookies that made my eyelid droop like a half-assed boxer. but it rendered me handicap for the last week-ish. couple this with my typical mental handicaps and i was pretty useless. so why tell all this? who the fuck even cares? no idea. maybe there is a lesson to be learned here. more over i just wanted to explain to my groupies out there why i've temporarily vanished. ha, yeah, okay...