welcome to the innernet's worst motorcycle periodical

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Holy moley, what a week...

So I think I have caught up on enough sleep to start telling the tales of our road trip. Suffice to say, it was not as I expected and many of my predictions did not pan out. Most notably the ones that foretold doom for our participants. By some strange alignment of the cosmos we all made it; bodies, bikes, and criminal records have remained unchanged. Kinda disappointing ain't it? Whatever. I have so many pictures and so do the other turds. We are all gonna try to tell our own tales, but this one is mine. Although I am only going through a little bit here. I will be putting up the bike pics a little later because there are far too many. Anyways...
I landed in Logan Airport and maybe 2 hours later I found myself on two wheels heading west. The first stop was to Kurt Muffin-bagel's house...
The second campsite was behind Acme food stores just a little south of Philly. Kinda boring so lets move on.
I landed at South of the Border the next day and I must say that this place gets dumber and dumber every time I visit. The fireworks selection is still top notch but stores like "hats from around the world" really just mean Mexico and the hot dogs should be avoided at all costs. I did learn a lesson however: it is possible to be called a vagrant at a glorified truck stop. I think this was bullshit, but the cop was not in the mood to discuss things further. An insinuation regarding the barbed electrodes in his side holster motivated me further down my destination list.
And then Rockingham... I was just a little early. I did manage to run the 1/4 mile and unofficially made a blistering 55mph pass through the traps. I could have pushed it up to 60 but my lame steed still had to get me 1,000 miles home.
Gentle Ken and Dennis managed to show up the next day. Here is Dennis doing a very sad burnout. In fact, burnout is a bit to strong a word. He misted the tire, but his heap was in the same bit as mine with still a heap of miles to go on the trip.
I found some local culture...
Enjoyed some southern rock...

Watched Dylan make hate to his 4 speed...
And then came the apocalypse. Rain and wind like I have never seen. It leveled the campground.
Dennis was trying to save what was left of our lean-to.
Dylan donned his armor...
Kenny panicked and thought the world was ending. He figured a smoke was his best course of action.
Dylan wanted to do one last watery burnout...
And maybe tomorrow I will figure out how to explain this picture.